Birmingham, AL Heat Pump Repair
At KS Services, we understand how important your heat pump is to the safe and comfortable operation of your home. When you have an issue, you can’t afford to wait around. You need an experienced, forward-thinking technician dispatched to your house as quickly as possible and fix the problem.
The team at KS Services is a trusted partner for heat pump repair for homeowners in Birmingham, AL, and the surrounding areas. Our technicians are up-to-date on all the latest heat pump designs and whether your unit can be repaired or replaced, we’ll stand by your side every step of the way.
Common Heat Pump Problems: What You Need to Know
A few of the common heat pump problems that you should be on the lookout for include:
- Strange odors. When a heat pump is functioning as it should, there should be no smell coming from it at all. If there is, it’s a sign that the coils are dirty, that the system itself is stuck in defrost mode or a similar problem that needs to be addressed.
- Loud noises. Apart from the normal sounds a heat pump makes during operation, you shouldn’t hear anything coming from it at all. If you hear loud and especially inconsistent noises, call the team at KS Services so we can figure out how to stop the problem.
- A decline in indoor air quality. Declining indoor air quality, not to mention poor indoor airflow, are major warning signs that your heat pump isn’t working the way it should be. This will likely be present in combination with some of the strange odors outlined above.
- Inconsistent operation. When it comes to heating and cooling your home, consistency is king – or at least it should be. You should be able to switch between heating and cooling whenever you want. If your system isn’t allowing for that, it means that you have a bigger problem to be addressed.
- Increasing energy bills. This is a sign that your heat pump is working much harder than it should and needs immediate attention to save you valuable spending each month.
To Repair or to Replace: An Age-Old Question
Generally speaking, a heat pump can be repaired should it exhibit any of the warning signs outlined above. However, there will be situations where it needs to be outright replaced. These scenarios include:
- Your heat pump is more than 10 years old.
- It has needed constant repairs for the last few years.
- The repairs themselves are getting more expensive.
- The warranty on your system has expired.
Don’t worry, the team at KS Services will go over all your options with you so that you can make the best possible decision moving forward.
The Importance of Preventative Maintenance
The absolute best way to keep your equipment functioning properly is to make sure that you maintain your heat pump at least twice per year. As a rule of thumb, you should have regular maintenance performed once in the spring and again in the fall. Not only will this help improve the overall longevity of your system, but it will also go a long way towards avoiding those costly utility bills as well. KS Services proudly provides superior maintenance plans for all residents in Birmingham and the surrounding areas.
Contact the Team at KS Services Today
At KS Services, we have years of experience repairing, maintaining, and replacing heat pumps and other heating and cooling system components for residents in Birmingham, AL, and the surrounding areas. A heat pump is a workhorse, yes — but even a workhorse needs some assistance every once in a while.
To find out more information about all our heat pump repair options, or to get answers to any other questions that you may have, please don’t delay – contact KS Services today.