There are several ways to control outdoor allergens from polluting your home, including leveraging your air conditioner and other air quality products for your house. You can better control outdoor allergens when you have the proper knowledge and help beside you. KS Services understands many homeowners need assistance with indoor air quality so we offer a variety of HVAC services, including preventative maintenance, duct cleaning, and installation of products to heighten indoor air quality. Contact us today for more information about our services.
Improve Your Indoor Air Quality With Your AC System
More than 25 million Americans have asthma, many of whom are children. Protecting the air quality of your loved ones is possible with the right tips and tools at your disposal. Consider the options below for improved indoor air quality:
- Schedule routine HVAC maintenance twice a year to reduce the amount of dust, dirt, and other allergens accumulating inside your air conditioner and throughout your home. During a maintenance call, heating and air conditioning technicians thoroughly inspect your unit and clean critical components, reducing allergen buildup. Your home’s air quality can be improved by establishing a healthier and cleaner HVAC system during the most active pollen times of the year.
- The air filter housed in your air conditioner helps provide clean air in your home every day. When air filters are dirty, they can’t properly control outdoor allergens – which can cause seasonal allergies – from entering your house and its indoor air. When a dirty or clogged filter stops working, allergens can slip through your HVAC unit, the ductwork, and into your home. Checking the filter monthly and replacing or cleaning it as needed will control outdoor allergens from reducing your air quality indoors.
- Invest in HVAC products dedicated to enhancing indoor air quality. Ultraviolet air cleaners, media air cleaners, HEPA filters, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers all work with your current air conditioner to control outdoor allergens before they affect your home’s air quality.
Air cleaners trap and kill various germs, bacteria, and viruses before they pass through your unit. These devices are extremely helpful if you feel every sickness going around stays in your home for weeks. Also, if a high pollen count prevents you from opening the windows, air cleaners and purifiers can make a dramatic difference for you and your family, helping you breathe clean and healthy air.
Humidifiers and dehumidifiers work with your air conditioner to control the humidity level in your home, preventing mold, mildew, and dust mites from growing and spreading in your house.
Allergens and Other Pollutants in Your Home
Your Birmingham home is constantly at risk of pollutants and allergens from both outside and inside the home. These irritants are negatively impacting your home’s air quality. To effectively control outdoor allergens and pollutants, you need to know what is harming you and your family first:
- Mold and mildew are common in homes with high humidity levels, which are conducive to the formation of condensation. It’s important to reduce the chance of mold or mildew growing and spreading in your house by looking for damp areas in your house. Basements, bathrooms, and laundry rooms are common places for mold and mildew to grow.
- Dust mites are attracted to damp places, just like mold and mildew. Dust mites are hazardous for those already struggling with allergies and asthma. Increase ventilation by using exhaust fans in the damp areas of your house to prevent dust mites from multiplying.
- Home renovations and remodeling projects emit harsh odors, chemicals, and materials inside your home. Proper ventilation will control outdoor allergens and pollutants from getting trapped in your home.
- Cleaning products, air fresheners, and furnishings in your house emit fumes, reducing the quality of your air indoors. Open windows when fumes are high, allowing them to escape and not become stagnant in your home.
Once you’ve understood what might be causing pollutants and allergens, you’ll be able to find the solution. Reach out to the experts at KS Services today for IAQ services that will improve the allergy symptoms within your household, especially during prime allergy season.
Contact KS Services
Spring allergies are a problem for many people. Decrease the symptoms that those within your household experience by reaching out to KS Services for indoor air quality services. Our heating and air conditioning professionals have seen it all and know what it takes to improve the overall comfort of homes just like yours. Contact us today to see how we can help.