Furnaces are used to working hard for long amounts of time, but even they need a break every once in a while. The perfect way to keep your old furnace healthy and performing at its most efficient is to have regularly scheduled maintenance to prepare for the cold weather. At KS Services, we understand how vital your furnace’s performance is to you and your family. Whether it’s furnace repair for a breakdown or a complete furnace replacement, our NATE-certified technicians are ready to tackle any furnace need.
Benefits of Preventative Maintenance:
A furnace is only as good at the attention and service it receives. A broken furnace could have been prevented if it was properly maintained over the years. Yes, age does play a factor when it comes to a broken furnace, and maintenance extends the life of your furnace. The average furnace lasts around 15 years, but with regularly scheduled maintenance, you may be able to extend the life of your old furnace to 20 years. Aside from prolonged lifespan for your furnace, maintenance offers other benefits:
- Increased efficiency: Preventative maintenance on a furnace keeps your system clean. When dirt, debris, and other contaminants come into contact with your furnace, the unit will become clogged. By keeping a system clean, your furnace can function at its peak efficiency without wasting valuable energy.
- Improved safety: A furnace that isn’t maintained correctly poses severe safety issues for your home and family. Maintenance on your furnace checks to make sure all the components are functioning properly, especially for gas-powered furnaces. A pilot light that isn’t bright blue could mean carbon monoxide is leaking into your home.
- Fewer repairs: With old furnaces, repairs are inevitable, but with preventative maintenance, you can reduce the number of repairs that occur every year. The more your furnace breaks down, the costlier furnace repairs become. Keeping your system functioning without constant malfunctions saves you money in the long run.
What to Expect During Maintenance:
The best thing you can do for your furnace is to schedule preventative maintenance at least twice a year. The benefits outweigh the cost of repeated repairs and replacing your current furnace. During a typical maintenance call on your furnace, your technician will:
- Check the control on your system for proper function and safety
- Lubricate all moving components in your system
- Tighten any electrical connections
- Check your thermostat settings
- Inspect the condensate drain
- Check and change the air filter
- Check all gas (or oil) connections
- Check the heat exchanger, gas pressure, and burner combustion
Time for a Furnace Replacement?
If your furnace is old and experiencing constant breakdowns even with preventative maintenance, it’s a definite sign you need a new unit. A furnace replacement is an expensive investment, and more modern furnaces offer significant savings for your home and wallet. Newer models provide increased efficiency, and some meet ENERGY STAR requirements. Make sure before you purchase a new furnace you are buying from a trusted, reliable company. KS Services offers quality products with experienced NATE-certified technicians knowledgeable about any installation.
Prevent expensive furnace repairs or an unexpected broken furnace this winter by investing in a preventative maintenance plan. We offer affordable maintenance agreements to keep your furnace healthy and efficient. Contact KS Services today for more information!