Best Plumbers in Birmingham, AL
You may know KS Services as a heating and air company – you’re right – we do that too! We also handle a diverse set of plumbing services for the Birmingham area. We’re available 24/7 for emergency service, whether you’ve discovered a plumbing leak, you woke up without hot water or your basement has standing water. Call KS for quality customer service and attention.
For Birmingham homeowners, we solve many plumbing problems. The most common we see are general household situations like:
- slow or clogged drains
- low water pressure
- dripping faucets
- running or clogged toilets
- garbage disposal problems
When it comes to pipes and drains, we offer a variety of services, such as drain clearing and drain cleaning. Many people confuse these two services. Simply, drain clearing breaks through a clog in a main line or another plumbing line in the house. Sometimes, this is enough to solve slow drain or low water pressure issues.
The main line is the main plumbing line connecting the house to the municipal water system. Think of it as the main tree trunk. The limbs of the tree branch off the main line and bring water to and from each bathroom, kitchen, laundry room and so on.
If the main line is clogged, it affects all the water sources in the home. Drain cleaning, on the other hand, is a more complex process. Our licensed plumbers use a camera to inspect the extent of the problem.
This sometimes occurs prior to either a drain clearing or cleaning, to gather as much information as possible. For drain cleaning, we use hydro-jetting to flush any debris in the pipe. A camera is used again to confirm the pipe is free from material.
Birmingham, AL Emergency Plumber
We offer service to our customers 24/7 because we know water damage from a plumbing leak, broken sump pump or water heater waits for no one. The time to stop a water leak is immediate. It will only get worse. Examples of plumbing emergencies include:
- Sump pump not working (during heavy rains, especially)
- Broken water heaters – either no hot water or leaking water
- Burst pipes – flooding
- Clogged toilet (if it’s the only one)
- Overflowing toilet
- Backed up drains in sinks, showers, floors
- Sewer drain line issues, such as sinkholes in your yard
Our Plumbing Services
We perform a variety of plumbing installations. These include:
- Water Heaters – Tankless Water Heaters and Traditional Tank Models
- Water Quality Tests and Whole-Home Water Filtration systems
- Water Softeners
- Plumbing Fixtures like Faucets, Showerheads, Hot Water Dispensers
- Garbage Disposals
- Sump Pumps
There are also services involving piping and re-piping. What’s the difference? It’s like it sounds. Piping is the installation of pipes where there were none before. Plan to finish a space, like a basement or an attic bedroom. Want to run pipes for a bathroom or a gas line for a fireplace? You need piping.
Repiping replaces supply pipes in a house. It’s not a short-term fix or pipe segment replacement. Repiping is a complete replacement of the pipes in your entire supply system. We often see this in older homes, built prior to 1980.
Sewer Line Services by KS Plumbers
When you need help with sewer lines, you need it fast. KS Services’ plumbers are ready to handle whatever your sewer line problems may be.
Common sewer problems might be:
- Tree roots. Mature or fast-spreading shallow-root trees like Redbuds or Weeping Willows routinely find their way into sewer line pipes. They seek out the moisture and organic material in the pipe and wind around themselves until the pipe is clogged or literally breaks.
- Broken, cracked or misaligned pipes. This happens when soil shifts.
- Crumbled or corroded pipes. Many homes have sewer pipes made of older materials which deteriorate over time and leak out into the area.
In these cases, line replacement is your best bet.
Preventive Maintenance for Plumbing Systems
As with heating and air systems, we strongly suggest preventive maintenance. Invite our plumbers to inspect your water heater or sump pump. Take the opportunity to ask them about routine care and how to test them on your own. Take advantage of promotions and get an inexpensive drain clearing or other plumbing services. Right now, take care of your plumbing system with a whole home once a year plumbing service agreement for $119!