Birmingham, AL Water Heater Repair
Think of KS Services first when you need affordable water heater repair in Birmingham, Alabama. Our plumbing and HVAC experts install, repair, and maintain tankless and traditional water heaters, as well as natural gas, electric, propane gas, power vent, and commercial water heaters. Our team of highly trained plumbing professionals can help figure out what is causing your water heater issues and fix them quickly. Our team can also let you know when it’s time to start considering a new water heater. Call KS Services today to have one of our expert plumbers come out to your home and take a look at your water heater.
Common Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair
If something seems weird about the water coming from your tap, it’s worth looking into. These are the most common signs that your water heater needs repairs.
- Strange Noises. If you hear knocking, hissing, popping, or banging noises, there’s likely sediment buildup at the bottom of your tank or other issues going on inside your water heater that needs to be addressed.
- High Energy Bills. Issues with your water heater can also cause it to run less efficiently, which can cause your electricity bills to skyrocket. Common water heater problems that can cause an increase in energy bills include leaks, poor insulation, overheating due to a faulty thermostat, and an inefficient heating element.
- A Lack of Hot Water. You used to be able to wash your dishes while your partner was in the shower, but now it seems like if there are 2 faucets in the home open, neither of you has enough hot water. There are many potential causes for a lack of hot water. Some could be as simple as loose connections or a tripped breaker to something more serious such as issues with the thermostat or electric ignition.
- Leaks. If your water heater sprouts a leak, contact the professional plumbers at KS Services to inspect the unit to determine whether it can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced. Issues that can cause water heaters to leak include a damaged drain valve, loose gaskets, and faulty cold and hot water connections. These can be easily solved, but if a plumber finds that there is corrosion inside the tank, it most likely means you need a new unit installed.
Benefits of Repairing Your Hot Water Heater
While it might seem like you’d save yourself the trouble of repairing your water heater by replacing it instead, this can be a big expense. More often than not, a repair can restore your water heater back to normal. Here’s why repairs for water heaters are often worth it.
Lower Energy Bills
A water heater that requires repairs runs less efficiently, which burns more energy and causes energy bills to rise. By making timely repairs to your water heater, you can help it run more efficiently and lower your monthly electricity bills.
Improved Water Pressure
Part of repairing your traditional water heater means flushing the tank. This process removes debris and sediment that may clog the in-flow or out-flow valves, and it also removes air in the lines. This helps the water pressure stay at its adjusted range with nothing blocking the lines.
Greater Access to Hot Water
Making timely repairs helps your traditional water heater operate at its highest efficiency. The less time it takes for the water heater to refill and heat, the greater access you’ll have to hot water when you need it.
Improved Water Quality
Flushing your water heater and cleaning the tank removes rust and mineralization that can cause your water supply to become rusty or dirty. This will give you access to clean water for washing dishes, cooking, laundry, and bathing.
Signs It’s Time for Water Heater Replacement
Every appliance will need to be replaced eventually and water heaters are no exception. If your system is over 10 years old and is experiencing any of the following problems, it might be time for a water heater replacement.
- Rusty water: If the water from your faucets is rusty or has a metallic taste, it may be a sign that the water heater tank is rusting and needs to be replaced.
- Leaks: As we mentioned, if the water heater tank has corroded and is causing leaks, it will need to be replaced.
- Insufficient Hot Water: If the water heater is not able to provide enough hot water to meet your needs, it may be time to upgrade to a larger water heater, or add tankless water heaters around your home to limit the strain on your current water heater.
- High energy bills: If your energy bills have been steadily increasing without clear reason and you’ve had it repaired without any relief, it may be a sign that your water heater is becoming less efficient and may need to be replaced.
Trust KS Services for Quality Water Heater Repair in Birmingham, AL
KS Services is a family-owned HVAC and plumbing company that’s very proud to serve Birmingham, AL, and surrounding communities. Schedule your water heater repair appointment with us and experience the exceptional customer service we are dedicated to providing. We’ll take time to understand your unique situation, and your specific needs and wants. Our goal is to make your life happier and safer with excellent HVAC and plumbing services. See why so many people call on KS Services for all their home service needs today.